Current Analysis Releases Study Uncovering Enterprise Mobility Preferences
Leading market analysis firm finds highly strategic mobility planning by enterprises: security leads mobility buying demand, PaaS offerings will require a MEAP Component, and over half of organizations will use it service providers or operators to fulfill mobility needs.
Sterling, VA, USA – November 19, 2013 – Current Analysis, the leader in continuous, actionable market analysis and advice for the information technology, software and telecommunications industries, announced today the results of an Enterprise Mobility survey of 735 organizations across Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
The survey provides insight into organizations’ buying behavior, future intent and technology investments around Enterprise Mobility. Data and analysis has also been split by vertical industry and company size.
The study reveals that organizations have moved far beyond the ‘what device is it?’ aspect of mobility to driving true competitive advantage through aggressive deployment of mobile applications and platforms to support productivity, innovation and cost control.
Among the interesting data points revealed:
- Over half of all organizations now plan to use IT Service Providers or mobile operators to help create and deploy mobility strategy and solutions;
- 82% of companies believe that BYOD is an appropriate strategy for their organization with the primary benefit being improved productivity;
- 57% of employees use their own smart device for work purposes regardless of whether their company has a policy around personal device usage;
- Security and related solutions in Mobile Applications Management (MAM) and Mobile Information Management (MIM) are the most commonly currently procured solutions from organisations’ mobile suppliers;
- The majority of enterprises are finally shifting from homegrown app platforms to acquiring application platforms from traditional middleware providers;
- Mobile backend integration represents the greatest enterprise mobile development challenge currently, due to disparate and unconnected APIs from various data sources; Enterprises will seek cloud offerings that include a mobile component
- When looking to mobile security, Asia Pacific companies favor traditional security vendors, Europeans look to telecom service providers and North Americans pure-play Mobile Device Management (MDM) vendors; and
- 47% of organizations will use IT Service Providers and 39% will use mobile operators to help create and deploy mobility strategy and solutions.
“Mobility continues to be a complex area for many organizations” commented Bruce Page, Vice President of Custom Research at Current Analysis. “Companies are trying to understand how to create stronger competitive advantage, which vendors provide the best value for solutions, and how to approach the complex areas around applications, security, platforms and services.”
The depth of this research coupled with the breadth of geographies, vertical markets, and company sizes studied gives unrivalled insight into the true state of enterprise mobility in the market today. “Asia Pacific is the world’s most dynamic region for mobility. I’m delighted that we have this powerful research available for organisations in the region to better develop and deploy their mobility strategies,” observed Tim Dillon, Research Director, Asia.
“Competition in the US and European markets is intense and the ability to gain advantage, even a small one, is critical. With our up-to-date research and deep analysis we have the ability to support our clients as they seek to continue to develop compelling Enterprise Mobility solutions,” said Kathryn Weldon, Research Director Americas.
For more information on this Current Analysis study, please contact:
Vice President, Custom Research
+1 703 788 3604
About Current Analysis
Current Analysis is the leading provider of continuous, actionable market intelligence, analysis and advice. For over 15 years, Current Analysis has helped global IT, software and telecom companies leverage market events to quickly identify opportunities for strategic growth and differentiation in order to position themselves as market leaders and win more business. Our expert team of globally dispersed analysts provide unbiased research and recommendations, offering clients a unique perspective on the impact of market, competitive and innovation activity with greater speed and clarity. Relied upon as an unbiased and trusted partner, Current Analysis serves more than 35,000 professionals within over 1,400 global enterprises. Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metro area, the firm provides global reach with offices in Paris, London, and Singapore.